Newspapers are an essential feature of modern life. By newspapers, we mean papers that publish news daily for public information.
The hunger for reading newspapers has been sharpened in all people. Those who cannot read, gather in knots at restaurants, in parks or the streets to hear news from others.
Reading of newspapers is a good and useful habit. We learn many things about our own country as well as foreign lands. Our outlook is widened. Newspapers are current history. We cannot get these fresh and vital things every day from the reading of books.
Importance of reading Newspapers: Newspapers publish news of daily happenings. They also contain the views of the editors on the burning topics of the day.
- By reading newspapers, we keep abreast of the current events all over the world.
- By reading newspapers, busy people can form judgment on public affairs.
- Again, newspapers publish advertisements, producers, manufacturers and businessmen know what things are in demand and what things they will push up for sale. Moreover, the buyers know where to seek for them.
- In Sunday issues, generally articles on sports and games, latest fashions and humorous sketches are published. Men read them and amuse their idle hours.
- Again, the grievances of the people are voiced through the columns of the newspapers. When flood comes over a land and causes damage to people and their property, newspapers bring it to the notice of the public and the government. The stricken people get help from the public and the government.
- It is through the columns of newspapers that reformers fight against bad customs, social prejudices and abuses.
- The newspapers expose bad laws. Necessary correction of the ways of the government follows.
Influence of Newspaper: The influence of the newspapers is almost boundless. The newspapers can speak at all times and to all classes. They shape and control public opinion.
Conclusion: Too much reading of newspapers brings on levity of spirit. A modern man often becomes incapable of serious thinking. He develops a love for sensationalism and a blind faith in the printed matter. Nevertheless, in spite of all these defects, newspapers fill a gap in life today. Life would be dull without them and breakfast would lose much of its cheer.
Category: BlogTagged With: Good Habits
Reading newspaper is a good habit that can provide a great sense of educational value. It carries information about politics, economy, entertainment, sports, business, industry, trade and commerce. With this habit, it will not only enhance your knowledge about general information but it will likewise improve your English skills and vocabulary.
Many people have habits of reading daily newspapers that their days seem incomplete without taking hold of early morning newspapers. Here are some of the benefits that you can get by reading daily newspapers:
- Newspapers carry the news of the world. By reading it, you will become updated with current events not only in your nation but news about other countries as well.
- Newspapers provide information and general knowledge. Reading it daily will widen the scope of your knowledge which is an integral part of education and very useful especially for student. Newspapers can provide interesting things and ideas which can assist students in their learning process at school. Not only are the news itself that are beneficial for students, but it also develop their language skills and increases their word vocabulary.
- Newspapers provide news about a country’s economic situation, sports, games, entertainment, trade and commerce. People are made aware of the existing condition of politics, culture and economy by reading the news. Those who hunger for news will surely find satisfaction by reading the newspapers as it carries information of various topics.
- Reading newspaper makes a good habit and it is already part of the modern life. This habit will widen your outlook and will enrich your knowledge. It will likewise improve your English as reading English news is a good practice.
- Reading newspaper makes you well informed. It enables you to take part in every discussion pertaining to the world’s current events. By taking an active participation in group discussions, it will make you feel that you belong in an enlightened society. The only thing that can stop you from joining talks and discussion is if you are ignorant of what is happening around you.
- Reading newspapers will improve your knowledge in general and it will be easy for you to relate to other people who often talks about current events and politics. Of course, there are televisions and radios that also bring current news but it do not provide detailed information as newspaper does.
- Through newspapers, you will have a clear idea and understanding of what is happening in your country and the whole world. It also carries contents about policies and plans of government and corporations. It has also plenty of advertisements that will keep you updated about what is going on in the world of business and industry.