Dear Mr. Henderson,
I read your ad for a Customer Retention Specialist with great interest and believe I am the person you’re looking for. Customer service and retention has been my focus for over a decade and at each position I’ve held the retention numbers have increased.
Currently I have oversight of programs and policies that create an ongoing rapport and a high level of customer care to both existing and new customers. I initiated successful programs including regular contact by phone letters customer satisfaction surveys and email updates. Working with the IT department I also assisted in the creation of online customer access to account information. One of the most successful initiatives which I recommended and supported was a live chat function for customers with product questions or company policies regarding returns or refunds. I have also taken charge of social media promotions through Facebook Twitter and Pinterest which has increased new customer visits to our online site. With my experience and success in customer retention I believe I can create that high level of customer care that you’re looking for.
I look forward to your call to discuss my qualifications and I’ll contact your office early next week to check on the status of this open opportunity. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Including a convincing marketing manager cover letter with your resume and job application is key to getting the job interview. A resume without a well written cover letter is unlikely to get the attention you want.
The cover letter provides an excellent opportunity to highlight your suitability for the marketing position.
Marketing Manager Cover Letter
Your Contact Details (phone and email)
Mr Lionel Mellon
20 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Mellon
In response to your job posting for a marketing manager on XYZ website, I have attached my resume for your review and consideration.
X years of experience in almost every aspect of marketing in different industries gives me the confidence that I can offer you exactly what you are looking for in a marketing manager. Please consider some of my successes:
- Developing and implementing a fully integrated marketing program for the X product category that increased sales by X% for HJI Company.
- Designing and executing a data-driven SEO strategy that improved search engine rankings by X% for key product search terms.
- Pursuing new customers through innovative marketing campaigns to achieve an X% increase in the customer base over the last 4 years at HJI Company.
- Engaging directly with customers to build solutions resulting in a substantial increase in customer retention by an average of X% per year.
- Introducing, at regional and national level, new products and line extensions into highly competitive markets, including B and C products.
- Adopting a strongly collaborative approach to working with cross-functional teams resulting in improved productivity and goal achievement.
My proven ability to increase revenue and profitability by building and consolidating market presence through a range of successful strategies can be put to excellent use in a progressive organization such as ABC Company. I would appreciate the opportunity to further discuss the position and how I can add value to your management team.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Always include a convincing cover letter with your marketing manager resume and job application.
Valuable Skills for Today's Marketing Manager
- Digital marketing - able to manage digital media projects, and SEO.
- Social media platforms - able to develop strategies specific to various social media networks
- Strategic thinking and agility - able to approach problems from a unique perspective and quickly change direction when necessary.
- Data-driven with analytics experience - capable of analyzing quantities of data to develop effective marketing programs.
- Collaborative - able to fully engage in cross-functional collaboration for improved results.
- Customer Focused - able to truly understand CRM, customer loyalty and retention strategies and activities.
This persuasive marketing manager resume can be easily adapted for your own use.
Find the help you need to create a winning marketing manager cover letter
Marketing Manager Job Description
What Makes a Good Manager?
List of Strengths
Marketing Manager Sample Resume
Marketing Manager Cover Letter Tips
Sales Manager Cover Letter
Marketing Cover Letter
Win in your job interview. Marketing Manager Interview Questions
Job Interviews > Cover Letters > Marketing Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
to Top of Page