Assignment No.2 (Course STA 301)
Fall 2017 (Total Marks 30)
Your Assignment must be uploaded/ submitted before or onJanuary 10 , 2018,
(STUDENTS ARESTRICTLY DIRECTEDTO SUBMIT THEIR ASSIGNMENT BEFORE OR BY DUE DATE. NO ASSIGNMNENT AFTER DUE DATE WILL BE ACCEPTED VIA E.MAIL).
Rules for Marking
It should be clear that your Assignment will not get any credit IF:
- The Assignment submitted, via email, after due date.
- The submitted Assignment is not found as MS Word document file.
- There will be unnecessary, extra or irrelevant material.
- The Statistical notations/symbols are not well-written i.e., without usingMathTypesoftware.
- The Assignment will be copied from handouts, internet or from any other student’s file. Copied material (from handouts, any book or by any website) will be awardedZERO MARKS. It isPLAGIARISMand anAcademic Crime.
- The medium of the course isEnglish. Assignment inUrdu or Romanlanguages will not be accepted.
- Assignment means Comprehensive yet precise accurate details about the given topic quoting different sources (books/articles/websites etc.). Do not rely only on handouts. You can take data/information from different authentic sources (like books, magazines, website etc.) BUT express/organize all the collected material inYOUR OWN WORDS. Only then you will get good marks.
Objective(s) of this Assignment:
The assignment is being uploaded to build up the concepts of bivariate probability and its properties of expected values.
Question 1 10 marks
Let X be a continuous random variable with p.d.f.
Question 2 20 marks
Calculate E(X), E(Y), E (X+Y) and E(XY).
Стратмор просиял и, протянув руку, коснулся ее плеча. - Спасибо. - Он улыбнулся и сразу перешел к делу. - Мы вместе спустимся .