$200,000 in Scholarships to be awarded to Hispanic College-Bound Students
Back-to-school is always an exciting time for students across the country. As part of this significant moment, The Coca-Cola Company and the Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) are coming together with key retailers to announce the launch of Share Possibilities. This annual Hispanic Heritage Month scholarship program will award $200,000 in scholarships to help close the college attainment gap among Latino students.
“It’s an honor to have the opportunity to support the community and provide Hispanic families the means to achieve their educational dreams and aspirations,” said Lauventria Robinson, Vice President of Multicultural Marketing, Coca-Cola North America Group. “This program allows us to bring the community together and share moments of happiness with families across the country.”
With a long-standing relationship of more than 30 years, The Coca-Cola Company’s Share Possibilities program is designed to further support HSF in its goal of providing scholarships to our country’s best and brightest Latino students and supporting them on their path to obtaining a college degree.
“With 69% of Latino high school graduates now going directly to college, it is more important than ever for HSF to provide scholarship support to students and information about college and financial aid to parents,” said Fidel A. Vargas, President and CEO of HSF. “Our long-standing partnership with Coca-Cola continues to flourish and has played a key role in our ability to positively impact students and their families throughout America.”
The Share Possibilities program grants a total of $200,000 in scholarships to college-bound Hispanic students. Nationally, the grand prize winner will receive $20,000; four students will be awarded $10,000 and sixteen will receive $2,500. The remaining $100,000 will be awarded by the company’s retail partners, within their respective communities, across the nation.
From Sept. 1 through Dec. 15, eligible high school seniors may apply for the opportunity to win a scholarship at www.Coke-HSF.com. Applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements will be featured in an online gallery with social media sharing capabilities. Students are encouraged to share their profiles and gain community votes. Each eligible participating voter is automatically entered for a chance to win a $500 gift card and can vote up to five times a day.
HSF will select the scholarship recipients based on the Fund’s standard selection criteria for awarding scholarships, factoring in community votes gathered online. Final winners will be announced by May 2014.
The company’s retail partners also play a vital role in the program by funding and awarding the remaining $100,000 in their local communities. Joining in the celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month, these partners are helping to increase awareness about the importance of education as a means of strengthening communities and providing the brain power needed for a sustainable national economy.
Participating retailers include:
- Atlanta Retailers Association (ARA)
- Family Dollar
- Giant Landover in Baltimore & Washington D.C.
- Greater Houston Restaurant Association (GHRA)
- Meijer, Inc. in Chicago, Illinois
- La Michoacana Meat Markets in Texas
- Stop & Shop New England Stop & Shop New York Metro
To learn more about the program, people can visit participating retailers in their area or go to www.Coke-HSF.com and www.hsf.net. Another way to follow the conversation is on Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #CokeforEducation.
About The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world's most valuable brand, our Company's portfolio features 16 billion-dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of more than 1.8 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world's top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system associates. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at www.coca-colacompany.com, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/CocaColaCo or check out our blog, Coca-Cola Unbottled, at www.coca-colablog.com.
About the Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Founded in 1975, the Hispanic Scholarship Fund provides scholarships to Latino students, as well as related support services. We seek to give them all the tools they need to apply to college, do well in their course work, graduate, enter a profession, excel, help lead our nation going forward, and mentor the generations to come. As the nation’s largest not-for-profit organization supporting Hispanic-American higher education, HSF has awarded over $400 million in scholarships and provides a range of ancillary programs for candidates, scholars, and their families. We further strive to make college education a top priority for every Latino family across the nation and to mobilize our community to proactively advance that goal – each individual, over a lifetime, in every way he/she can. For more information about the Hispanic Scholarship Fund please visit: www.HSF.net.
Crafting A WINNING College Application Essay Infographic
There's something special about The Coca-Cola Company. There's a sense of pride that comes from building brands people love and making the most of ourselves as a company and as individuals.
In one way, you've known us all your life. Perhaps you even think of Coca-Cola® as an old friend. But old friends can grow in new and exciting ways. Surely you have. And so have we.
We are on a new journey of growth, building on our most formidable assets: our brands, our financial strength, our global reach, our unrivaled distribution system and the strong commitment of our management and employees worldwide.
Our journey focuses on leveraging these strengths to become a truly sustainable growth company and, ultimately, one of the most respected companies in the world.
The time is now.
What do we offer
- The Coca-Cola Company's extraordinary heritage, our leading brands and the global scale of what we do;
- The challenge of meaningful work - our unique global system offers constant opportunities to develop world-class skills and a truly international career;
- A unique culture where people convert their passion into action;
- The kind of competitive compensation you would expect from a world leader.
- View our infographic: Coca-Cola At A Glance
What do we expect from you
- The ability to contribute, to make a difference and have a tangible impact - turning your passion into action;
- Creative and fresh thinking in your work and your life, regardless of your role;
- A spirit of collaboration - you thrive when you work with a diverse range of people with different views, perspectives and priorities;
- A pragmatic and commercial mindset that understands the challenge of sustainability.
Top Reasons to work for The Coca-Cola Company
- Ability to make a difference
- Ability to grow
- We want to become...
- We have embarked on a strategic journey...
- Be part of a diverse team
- One-of-a-kind experiences
- A unique culture
- Accessibility to more than just a Company...
- Rewarding environment
1. Ability to make a difference: being part of a company that creates value & makes a difference everywhere we engage.
2. Ability to Grow: it's about us... together, we will bring out the best in ourselves and our Company.
Every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career with The Coca-Cola Company. With operations in over +200 countries, and full catalog of development programs, the growth opportunities with this Company are boundless.
‘Women Enable Success', Coke’s Muhtar Kent Tells Execs
2.1 Development programs
We are committed to extending education and development programs to associates at all levels of the organization. These include:
- Peak Performance, our ongoing individual performance management process & rewards
- Coca-Cola University ( CCU), our virtual global university representing a one-stop shop for all learning and capability building activities across The Coca-Cola Company
- Assessment and Development Forums
- Functional Development to enhance and build job knowledge, skills, and competencies within a department or functional area
- Short-term Assignments to expose associates to work that is different from what they do on a daily basis. This could be a short-term assignment in another country or market or a project based assignment in an associate's home country.
We have a strong tradition of growing people who have demonstrated the ability to deliver excellent results in different ways. The success of The Coca-Cola Company depends on every employee in the organization. Ultimately in our business, it is people who make the magic happen-with consumers, customers, our bottling partners, and the communities in which we work
3. We want to become... one of the most respected companies in the world.
Coca-Cola has fans from Boston to Budapest to Bahrain, drinking brands such as Ambasa, Vegitabeta and Frescolita. In the remotest comers of the globe, you can still find Coca-Cola. In 2012 The Coca-Cola Company landed the number four spot on Fortune's list of the ‘Worlds Most Admired Companies'. Our unyielding commitment to integrity and quality has earned us the respect of customers, partners and consumers globally.
4. We have embarked on a strategic journey... with our bold vision reflected on clear goals for employees all over the world.
In 2009, global changes presented us with a unique opportunity to significantly strengthen our business for the long term, prompting us to create our 2020 Vision: Our Roadmap for Winning Together With Our Bottling Partners. This one-page action plan outlines our goal to double our system revenues by 2020, and was produced based on input from associates, bottlers and other key stakeholders globally. The vision is based on our fundamental belief that businesses have the power to change the world while achieving extraordinary financial success.
What is most inspiring about this short document is that it reflects a future where success is defined not solely by how much profit the Company generates, but by the work environment, the impact on our planet and the communities we serve, how we treat our partners and how we steward our resources.
6. Be part of a diverse team
7. One of a Kind Experiences
- Sponsorships, such as the Olympics, Special Olympics and World Cup, where associates have the opportunity to participate in or win tickets through special programs and competitions.
- Olympic Ambassadors: for the London 2012 Olympic Games a contest was held that all associates worldwide were eligible to compete in and win. 26 winners were selected based on online votes from colleagues for the best Move to the Beat associate-created video. The winning Olympic ambassadors contributed social media messaging and blogs while at the Games so their colleagues at home could also live the experience and participate in the fun. Here is a quote from one of the ambassadors summarizing the experience: "Thank you, Coca-Cola, for giving us this once-in-a-lifetime experience. We can talk for hours about things "only Coke can do" – including activating the Olympic Games, refreshing the world 1.8 billion times a day, spreading happiness to all parts of the earth, and giving underprivileged kids in London the chance to develop with StreetGames. We are part of the greatest company in the world." – Baran Kayhan (Toronto, Canada)
- FIFA World Cup: Our 2010 FIFA World Cup Go For The Cup contest tapped into our associates' passion for the World Cup. All employees were given an equal opportunity to compete and an equal chance to win a trip to South Africa to attend the world's most popular sporting event. Twenty-six global associates were selected and the winners blogged about their experiences on our internal website.
8. A unique culture... where people convert their passion into action
From day one, you'll notice a culture where our people are truly dedicated to living our values. We consider The Coca-Cola Company to be a local business on a global scale. The Coca-Cola brand represents qualities such as caring, sharing, connecting, integrity and excellence. Our culture mirrors those attributes. To put it simply: we are the brand .
One Company. One Team. One Passion.
- One Company. As our journey continues, our shared passion is transforming The Coca-Cola Company. When you join the Company, you'll enjoy an environment where ideas are free to find their way, support is close at hand and pride inspires us to grow. Each day we're developing meaningful and accelerated learning opportunities and anticipating the skills and resources we will need to meet our future demands.
- One Team. At The Coca-Cola Company, it's our people who make magic happen. Our job is to refresh the world, and it requires the vision, innovation, and passion of every single one of them. Each day the relationships you build will help you succeed not only in your job, but in your career as well.
- One Passion. The love at The Coca-Cola Company goes farther than our portfolio of brands, our people and our company. From our efforts to ensure that we have fair and inclusive workplaces to our responsibilities outside our business, we do our best to spread the joy of The Coca-Cola Company. We believe in fostering a workplace that embraces all of our people's unique abilities. We're committed to supporting our communities. And, we're dedicated to preserving and protecting our planet.
9. Accessibility to more than just a Company... a connection to our brands
- Brand Activations
- Active "healthy living" activations beyond your job
10. Rewarding Environment: benefits & rewards
To ensure that our programs are competitive, the Company regularly benchmarks our programs against those of other leading companies in countries where we operate. We regularly evaluate and, as needed, update our rewards programs to ensure they are aligned to drive the expected business results that are focused on creating sustainable long-term growth.
The most common elements of our Total Rewards programs are:
- Base salary
- Annual incentives
- Long-term incentives
- Benefits: our total benefits package is highly regarded and is designed to meet employees' basic and life-changing benefits needs. As market dynamics evolve, the Company regularly assesses our benefits programs to ensure employees receive those benefits they value and are provided with diverse options that address the issues of individuals and families and promote healthy lifestyles.
If you are interested in employment opportunities at The Coca-Cola Company, please search our open positions and submit your profile today. You can also sign up to receive email alerts when there are new or updated positions that fit your search criteria.