Culture of India indicates the ideas, beliefs, customs, and social behaviour of people in the society. It indicates the way people live in the society.
Essay on Indian Culture
India is a country of rich culture where people of more than one religious cultures lives together. Hello students, we have provided some simple and easily worded Essay on Indian Culture. Let yourself involve in the essay writing competition in your school by choosing anyone of the following Indian Culture essay.
Indian Culture Essay 1 (100 words)
India is a famous country all over the world for its culture and tradition. It is the land of various culture and tradition. It is the country of oldest civilizations in the world. The vital components of the Indian culture are good manners, etiquette, civilized communication, rituals, beliefs, values, etc. Even after the life styles of everyone has been modernized, Indian people have not changed their traditions and values. The property of togetherness among people of various cultures and traditions has made India, a unique country. People here live peacefully in India by following their own culture and traditions.
Indian Culture Essay 2 (150 words)
The culture of India is the oldest culture of the world around 5,000 years. Indian culture is considered as the first and supreme culture of the world. There is a common saying about India that “Unity in Diversity” means India is a diverse country where people of many religions live together peacefully with their own separate cultures. People of various religions differ in their language, food tradition, rituals, etc however they live with unity.
The national language of India is Hindi however there are almost 22 official languages and 400 other languages are spoken daily in India in its various states and territories. According to the history, India has been recognized as the birthplace of the religions like Hinduism and Buddhism. Huge population of the India belongs to the Hindu religion. Other variations of the Hinduism are Shaiva, Shakteya, Vaishnava and Smarta.
Indian Culture Essay 3 (200 words)
The Indian culture has gained lots of popularity all over the world. Indian culture is considered as the oldest and very interesting culture of the world. People living here belong to different religions, traditions, foods, dress, etc. People of different cultures and traditions living here are socially interdependent that’s why there is an existence of strong bond unity in the diversity of religions.
People take birth in different families, castes, sub-castes and religious communities live peacefully and conjointly in a group. Social bonds of the people here are long lasting. Everyone has good feeling about their hierarchy and feeling of honour, respect and rights to each other. People in India are highly devoted to their culture and know the good etiquettes to maintain the social relationships. People of various religions in India have their own culture and tradition. They have own festival and fairs and celebrate according to their own rituals. People follow variety of food culture like beaten rice, bonda, bread omlette, banana chips, poha, aloo papad, puffed rice, upma, dosa, edli, Chinese, etc. People of other religions have some different food cultures like sevaiyan, biryani, tanduri, mathi, etc.
Indian Culture Essay 4 (250 words)
India is a rich country of cultures where people live in their culture. We respect and honour our Indian culture a lot. The culture is everything like the way of behaving with other, ideas, customs we follow, arts, handicrafts, religions, food habits, fairs, festivals, music and dance are parts of the culture. India is a big country with high population where people of various religions with unique culture live together. Some of the major religions of country are Hinduism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Jainism, Shikhism, and Zoroastrianism. India is a country where various languages are spoken in different parts of the country. People here are generally used of varieties in costume, social beliefs, customs and food-habits.
People beliefs and follow various customs and traditions according to their own religions. We celebrate our festivals according to our own rituals, keep fast, take bath in holy water of Gange, worship and pray to God, sing ritual songs, dance, eat delicious dinner, wear colourful dresses and other lots of activities. We also celebrate some National festivals by getting together such as Republic Day, Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanti, including various social events. People of different religions celebrate their festivals in various parts of the country with great zeal and enthusiasm without interfering each other.
Some events like birthday of Gautama Buddha (Buddha Purnima), Lord Mahavir birthday (Mahavir Jayanti), Guru Nanak Jayanti (Guruparv), etc is celebrated conjointly by people of many religions. India is a famous country for its various cultural dances like classical (Bharat Natyam, Kathak, Kathakli, Kuchipudi) and folk according to the regions. Punjabis enjoy dancing Bhangra, Gugaratis enjoy doing Garba, Rajasthanis enjoy Ghumar, Assamese enjoy Bihu whereas Maharashtrian enjoy Lavoni.
Indian Culture Essay 5 (300 words)
India is a land of rich culture and heritage where people have humanity, tolerance, unity, secularism, strong social bond and other good qualities. Indians are always famous for their mild and gentle behaviour, in spite of lots of aggressive activities by the people of other religions. Indian people are always praises for their caring and calm nature without any change in their principles and ideals. India is a land of great legends where great people took birth and do lots of social works. They are still inspiring personality to us. India is a land where Mahatma Gandhi took birth and had given a great culture of Ahimsa. He always told us that does not fight with other instead talk them politely if you really want to get change in something. He told us that every people on this earth are hungry for love, respect, care and honour; if you give them all, definitely they will follow you.
Gandhi Ji always believed in the Ahimsa and really he became successful a day in getting freedom for India from the British rule. He told Indians that show your power of unity and gentleness and then see the change. India is not a country of men and women, castes and religions, etc separately however it is a country of unity where people of all the castes and creeds live together conjointly. People in India are modern and follow all the changes according to the modern era however they still in touch with their traditional and cultural values. India is a spiritual country where people believe in spiritualism. People here believe in Yoga, meditation and other spiritual activities. Social system of the India is great where people still leaves in big joint family with grandparents, uncle, aunt, chacha, tau, cousins, brothers, sister, etc. So, people here learn about their culture and tradition from birth.
Indian Culture Essay 6 (400 words)
The culture in India is everything such as inherited ideas, way of people’s living, beliefs, rituals, values, habits, care, gentleness, knowledge, etc. India is an oldest civilization of the world where people still follow their old culture of humanity and care. Culture is the way we behave to others, how softly we react to things, our understanding towards values, ethics, principles, and beliefs. People of old generations pass their cultures and beliefs to their next generations so, every child here behaves well to others as he/she already learned about culture from parents and grandparents. We can see culture here in everything like dance, fashion, artistry, music, behavior, social norms, food, architecture, dressing sense, etc. India is a big melting pot having various beliefs and behaviors which gave birth to different cultures here.
Various religions here have their origin from very old age almost five thousand years. It is considered as Hinduism was originated here from Vedas. All the holy Hindu scriptures have been scripted in the sacred Sanskrit language. It is also believed that Jainism has ancient origin and their existence was in the Indus Valley. Buddhism is another religion which was originated in the country after the teachings of Lord Gautama Buddha. Christianity was brought here later by the French and Britishers who ruled here for almost two centuries long time. In this way various religions were originated in ancient time or brought to this country by any means. However, People of each religion live here peacefully by getting together without affecting their rituals and beliefs.
Variety of eras came and gone but no one was so powerful to change the influence of our real culture. The culture of younger generations is still connected to older generations through umbilical cord. Our ethnic culture always teaches us to behave well, respect elders, care helpless people and always help the needy and poor people. It is our religious culture that we should keep fast, do worship, offer Gange Jal, do Surya Namaskar, touch feet of elder in family, do yoga and meditation on daily basis, give food and water to the hungry and disabled people. There is great culture of our nation that we should always welcome our guests like a God very happily, that’s why India is famous for a common saying like “Atithi Devo Bhava”. The basic roots of our great culture are humanity and spiritual practices.
Indian culture is a topic of great importance for all the people living in India. In order to aware students about Indian culture, this topic is commonly assigned to the students to write essay on Indian culture. All the above Indian culture essay are written very simply worded to fulfill the student’s need and requirement. You can get other related essays under the same category such as:
Speech on Indian Culture
Unity in Diversity Essay
Essay on Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat
Essay on Indian Flag
India’s Independence Day
Tourism refer to the trips that involve travelling of people outside the place of their residence or work for leisure, pleasure, vacation, business, personal, or other purposes.
Tourism is an important source of income for many countries. Nowadays, it is considered an industry.
Tourism is important for the growth and development of a developing country like India. The advantages and disadvantages of Tourism has been discussed in this article.
Advantages of Tourism
Now-a-days, tourism is the flourishing industry. The advantages of tourism includes employment opportunity, growth of service sector, foreign exchange earnings, opportunity for recreation, economic growth, cultural exchange, better international relations, enjoyment, better health and wellness.
1. Employment: Tourism provides employment opportunity for local people. Tourism industry is growing very rapidly in India employing millions of people.
2. Growth of Service Sector: Services sector engaged in tourism sector get the most out of tourism sector. A large number of businesses engaged in service sector such as airlines, hotel, surface transportation, etc. grows with the growth of tourism industry.
3. Foreign Exchange earning: Many tourist destinations attract a good number of foreign tourists. This helps the country earn foreign exchange.
4. Recreation: Travel based recreation provides relief from the monotony of daily routine. A change in place and climate helps a traveler to recharge his mind, body and spirit.
5. Economic growth: Tourism helps in the development of economy of a country. It helps in the overall GDP development of a country. It helps the local people to earn their livelihood. The tourists spend lavishly during vacation. The local people engaged in assisting the tourists earn a good income.
6. Meet new people: It helps the local people to get in touch with the people and country. It also helps building international relations.
7. Cultural exchange: Tourism gives opportunity to people of various cultures to assimilate together. People belonging to various cultures meet together and understand each other. This gives them an opportunity to build respect for each other. Hence, it fosters cultural harmony.
8. Health and wellness: Many people visit other places for the purpose of getting treatment for diseases, improving health and prevent diseases. This is called Medical and health tourism. Wellness tourism aim at achieving complete mental, psychological and physical well-being. There are many tourism destinations offering yoga, aerobics, and other therapies for improving health and wellness.
9. Fun and enjoyment: Many people travel for fun and enjoyment. They simply do whatever excites them, or gives them enjoyment.
10. Spend time with families: The life of modern people is hectic. They are too busy in their professional life. There is immense pressure even on children. Hence, such people plan for a holiday trip to spend quality time with their families.
Disadvantages of Tourism
The disadvantages of tourism includes increased expenditure, time-consuming, environmental hazards, loss of architecture and ecological balance, increase in waste products, damage to wild-life, and disruption in socio-economic and cultural setup.
1. Tourism involves huge expenditure on part of the tourists.Travelling costs includes vehicle hire charges, hotel and resort rent, food cost, etc. This increases the overall spending of the person.
2. You need to take out few days out of your busy schedule to visit tourist places. Hence, tourism is often time-consuming.
3. Leisure trips are good for health, mind and body. However, hectic trips may cause stress and effect health.
4. It may also lead to environmental hazards such as environmental pollution due to use of cigars, plastic bags.
5. In order to attract more tourists and earn more profits sprawling resorts are built cutting down thousands of casuarinas trees beside sea beaches.
6. These resorts destroy both scenic beauty of the place by paying no attention to local architecture and ecology.
7. As a result of indiscriminate construction of high-rise buildings and infrastructure facilities, the provision of water supply and waste disposal facilities may get disrupted.
8. Famous tourist spots attract an inflow of residing population. This may lead to an increase in demand for residential houses, roads, and food for permanent population. Under such situation, an increase in tourist activities beyond certain level may adversely affect the economy of the state.
8. Overuse of natural wealth is a serious problem, tourist overuse of mountain trails resulting in abundance in dumping of waste products, food tins, etc.
9. Damage to wildlife parks is a visible phenomenon. The ground vegetation may suffer due to the tourists’ shoes. Food habits of animal impaired.
10. Due immense changes, pollution, and dirt, the landscape may lose its scenic beauty.
11. Tourism may have damaging socio-cultural effects. Local people demean themselves to earn more or imitate alien culture, new lifestyles, foreign culture.
1. Green Tourism: Tourism should be promoted with care. Once the natural beauty and human-made beauties are lost, tourism loses its charm and attraction and will collapse. The benefits of tourism will stay only if due care is taken for the longevity and survival of natural environment. So, today environment friendly or green tourism are being introduced by tourism industries.
2. Avoid Ecological imbalance and health hazards: We should keep tourism within planned limits. Every care should be taken to avoid ecological imbalance and health hazards.
3. Preserve local culture and tradition: Tourism must not play havoc with traditions and protected societies. New technique, high-teach communication may bring cultural setbacks, degradation to preserved communities.
Stability of nation is necessary for development of tourism industry. Political disturbances hamper tourism. India can reap benefits from this industry, can add to own coiffure, earn foreign money if tourists are attracted to Buddhist stupas, Hindu temples, Mughal, Rajput palaces, forts, and victory towers, rock-cut caves, elaborately laid our gardens.
Throughout our beautified country there are many thousands of attractions such as glaciers, snow capped peaks, lower hill stations, wild life sanctuaries, deep rain-forests, formidable desert in Rajasthan, sea beaches immense in number in east, west, southern parts.
Adventure sports i.e., trekking, skating, rafting in turbulent rivers, gliding, canoeing, mountaineering are other attractive attributes available here. Galore of cultural differences resultant in varieties of cuisines to please diverse tongues, textiles, artifacts, handicrafts pleasing eyes are other gifts.
Indian tourism is only a small portion of the world tourism industry. So, we must use all potentialities by proper planning, financing acquiring experience, packaging marketing, and boosting creativity, make outstanding appeal to travelers and seek help from private entrepreneurs.
Category: Essays, Paragraphs and Articles