Sample cover letter for Internship position at Procter and Gamble
Dear P&G Talent Supply Team,
I am writing to express my interest in the Brand Management internship opportunity with Procter & Gamble for the summer of 2015. I am a highly motivated penultimate-year student at the University of Glasgow and eager to integrate what I have learnt to assist P&G in meeting its goals.
I am very interested in strategic marketing and had been working on a number of academic marketing research projects through which I developed insight of consumer buyer behaviour and current marketing trends. I am familiar with the company’s strong corporate reputation and its current market position which make me intrigued to learn more about its marketing strategy from P&G professionals. I believe that the knowledge I have acquired throughout my studies at Glasgow University as well as my ambition to learn and my motivation to succeed make me a suitable candidate for an internship.
I am confident that my personal traits such as being proactive in addition to my ability to cope with a heavy workload will also prove beneficial at Procter and Gamble.
See our template for making your own punchy cover letter
Get access to over 7,000 cover letters from candidates getting jobs at your target companies.
Marketing Intern Cover Letter
Marketing Interns work temporarily for marketing agencies or departments and acquire knowledge and experience in the field. Typical responsibilities of a Marketing Intern include analyzing marketing and sales data, preparing presentations, helping to organize trade shows, taking part in campaign planning and implementation, handling correspondence, monitoring the competition, and disseminating press releases. They are usually supervised by senior marketing executives.
A well-written sample cover letter for Marketing Intern showcases the following qualifications:
- Leadership potential
- Marketing expertise
- A willingness to learn and the ability to follow instructions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
- Interpersonal and networking abilities
- Being able to work in a team or independently
- Problem-solving orientation
An example Marketing Intern cover letter displaying comparable skills is provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Marketing Intern Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Phillips:
With this letter and the attached resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in obtaining a marketing internship with Indizone. As a creative and results-oriented individual with a solid academic background in marketing, I possess a breadth of knowledge and skills that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Earning a recent Master of Arts degree in Marketing Communication and participating in comprehensive marketing research, analysis, and plan development projects.
• Gaining deep understanding and knowledge across the creative process in areas including market and competitive analysis, website updates, SEO/SEM performing tracking, and direct client communications.
- Possessing expertise in social media vehicles, blogs, and additional online outlets to drive customer awareness, engagement, and loyalty.
- Demonstrating effective communication, organization, presentation, and project management abilities.
My ability to drive the achievement of corporate marketing goals and objectives is sure to make an immediate and positive impact on Indizone, and I would welcome the opportunity to continue to hone and expand my marketing skills through a hands-on internship with your company. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Mary G. Hughes